Saturday, June 09, 2012

Sour Cherries

Joy, Laney, and I were walking around the neighborhood when I noticed a cherry tree right beside the road. Sour cherries! I was excited. I tested one to see if they were good. They were. I knocked on the door to ask permission to pick some. They weren't home, so I left a note. We got a call that evening giving us permission to gather them. I went twice and filled two large bowls with the cherries. I enjoy eating them plain, but most people do not seem to be so inclined. Joy did make an excellent pie, though. They have to be one of the prettiest fruits, though, with a translucent, bright red. I was happy to relieve the homeowner of the mess on their driveway.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good eye and good form on getting the green light on picking them! Sounds like you made it worth it. They look great in that bowl!