Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Great Basin Grab Bag

Here are some random pictures from around the valleys. I was in the habit of flipping cow patties while walk around the valley just to see what I could find. Sometimes I would find a scorpion if I was lucky. One time, I found this bizarre creature. I had never seen a Jerusalem Cricket before. Pretty cool looking. Apparently, people do not like these potato bugs.

I do not usually notice 'arrowheads' while walking around. This stood out to me. It took some discipline to follow the BLM requirement that artifacts remain in place. Quite a beautiful piece.

Another view of Wheeler from Spring Valley.

A view out across Comins Lake in the morning.

I kept looking during the whole trip to find the prickly pear blooming. I found this Opuntia polycantha along the road in Snake Valley.

No comments: