Saturday, November 21, 2015

Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve

I stopped by Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve on Thursday. The day was glorious, no one was out, so I took a quiet walk.

I stopped by the field we planted for Bruce.  The trees were still very young and hidden under the herbaceous layer.

It felt somewhat appropriate, considering how many mitigation sites he monitored that the trees would be hard to count, barnyard grass would be thick, and Bidens would be everywhere.

I took a stroll along the boardwalk across the street.  The buttonbush and woolgrass meadow was very pretty.

It was a nice temperature for a walk in short sleeves, with a warm sun and a cool breeze.

Red-headed Woodpeckers were common and the most vocal presence in the swamp. I also heard a Red-shouldered Hawk as I was leaving.

Thick buttonbush and dead trees.

Another Red-head pops his head around the trunk.

No comments: