Saturday, September 29, 2012

Portaging on the Tim River

One fun thing about our trip on Tim River was portaging.  It was the first time we have ever had to portage on a trip.  It wasn't too difficult since we had only packed a lunch for the day, and the men easily carried the canoes. Here is the portage sign.


Ben's impression of the Portage sign.


Coming down the hill.


Ben made it look easy, only using one hand.


Andrew smiling for the camera.


Rich finishing up the parade of canoes.


When we got done canoeing for the day, I decided I wanted to try to carry a canoe too.  It wasn't horribly heavy, but I am not sure I would have wanted to carry it up and down a hill.


Another shot of me, so you can see my face better.


After I tried it, all the other girls needed a pic too.  Here is Kristen.


And last but not least, Susan.


No comments: