Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dances With Dirt - Joy's Pictures

The previous post had pictures from Andrew's waterproof camera that I carried with me during the race. This post is all pictures from Joy's camera, and is mostly at the aid stations. The race was set up well for spectators, considering how remote most of the trails are. Here is the course map and the marathon course description. Here I am posing with Joy, Laney, and dad before the start.

Posing with Megan and Erin, who were doing the 55 mile, 5 person relay later in the day. I'd be tempted to either do the relay or the 50K next year.

The first chance I got to see Joy, Laney, and dad was at Hesitation Point (mile 6.5). The 50K crowd joined up with us there.

From there, it was to the North Tower, just over half way done.

I was happy to see Laney behaving well for all the little kids that wanted to pet her.

The next time that I got to see my cheering squad was at Hoosier's Nest. I sat down for a minute to eat, and Laney offered to help. It was only a short break before I heading off again (pizza in hand).

Joy, Laney, and dad walked down towards Stahl Lake to meet me. It was encouraging to see and chat with them for a bit.

The course followed the campground road for a short bit, and the family followed along in the car once they got up the hill to the nature center.

The 'trophy', besides the medal, was an engraved cow bone. Laney knew the meaning of 'gnaw bone'. I didn't let her have it.

Sitting in the creek to relax after the race. The water was refreshing and cool.

Laney seemed pretty tuckered out at the end of the day. A lot of getting in and out of cars, meeting new people, and missing her naps. It would have been impossible to run with a dog on that course, even if she had had the energy.

No comments: