Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Five Years

Five years ago today was our first post on the blog. It has been a fun way to record events and share photos and experiences. (Almost 800 posts, an average of one every 2.3 days.) I thought it would be fitting to post a variety of pictures from the last week.
Silphium perfoliatum (Cup Plant) blossom up close.

Filipendula rubra (Queen-of-the-Prairie) blooming in a fen in Randolph County, Indiana.

An attempt to capture a photo through the windshield. I saw the Red-tail catch the snake, and tried to get my camera out in time. He glared at me and flew off to the telephone pole to eat.

Question-mark Butterfly. You can see the white question mark fairly well in this picture. I used to try to find the mark on the upper surface and had no luck.

1 comment:

Becky said...

VERY cool shot of the hawk with the snake. :)