Monday, December 05, 2005

Short-eared Owls at Hawthorn Mine


Saturday, Joy and I went on an Audubon Society birding trip to Greene and Sullivan Counties, Southwest of Indianapolis. The goal of the outing was to see Short-eared Owls; and we got to see a number of them! Below are two links you may find interesting. I took some pictures, but it was a dark day and the owls were not close enough for a good photo on my camera. There were a lot scopes available for good looks at the owls. Some of the other highlights of the trip was seeing an adult Bald Eagle, a Red-shouldered Hawk, a Great Horned Owl, lots of Harriers, and a flock of Brewer's Blackbirds.

The Audubon Trip Report
Google's Pictures of Short-eared Owls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben and Joy, I enjoyed your trip reports and pictures! I'd like to invite you to participate in a blog carnival called I and the Bird. I'm hosting the next edition over at Search and Serendipity. You can find my email address there. If you'd like submit a post, please let me know by midnight Dec. 6 (US Central time).