I carried a disposable camera with me while running. The pictures aren't high-quality, but I enjoyed looking at them. The next four miles were along a scenic highway, capped off by the overlook for the Lower Mesa Falls.
After the halfway point, the course turned on to a dirt path that followed along a river. It was scenic. The temps were rising, but it was still pretty comfortable in the woods.
At about mile 17, the course left the path and started to climb out of the valley. This hill lasted three miles and gained about three hundred feet. The hill slowed me down, but it didn't kill me. I came out feeling decent.
We left all shade behind by about mile 19, entering rolling wheat and potato fields.
The sun feels more intense out west to me. It started to get pretty hot and dry. I worked hard to try to keep hydrated and fueled. I spent the last three miles run/walking, but I was still happy to finish with a 4:38. The post race food was nice as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment