You can see the difference between Mountain Bluebirds and Western Bluebirds in this picture. Mountain Bluebirds are all blue (top right) and Western Bluebirds have red-orange on their breast and back.
This is such a beautiful picture. I personally am partial to the Western Bluebird -- the variation of color is absolutely stunning. However, I love the more "delicate" look of the paler Mountain Bluebird. In any case, the Bluebird is my favorite species of bird.
A little off topic but... You really, really should consider photography as a profession. You could sell some of your photos to nature magazines, and I'm sure that someone would be interested in helping you create a book of all the bird pictures you've amassed. You've got an amazing talent. Thank you for sharing it.
This is such a beautiful picture. I personally am partial to the Western Bluebird -- the variation of color is absolutely stunning. However, I love the more "delicate" look of the paler Mountain Bluebird. In any case, the Bluebird is my favorite species of bird.
ReplyDeleteA little off topic but...
You really, really should consider photography as a profession. You could sell some of your photos to nature magazines, and I'm sure that someone would be interested in helping you create a book of all the bird pictures you've amassed. You've got an amazing talent. Thank you for sharing it.